Thanks for visiting hormonepharmacist.com. I am using this page as a resource for patients and healthcare professionals, explaining the latest research on DHEA and its use to treat menopausal vaginal atrophy. Here are a few pieces of information that may be interesting to you.
Here are links to some clinical trials currently being conducted with DHEA in patients with menopausal vaginal atrophy. Dr. Fernand LaBrie is one of the world’s foremost experts in DHEA and the field of “Intracrinology,” the study of the activity of hormones within the tissues. Dr. LaBrie’s company, Endoceutics, is working to bring DHEA to market, based on a license with Bayer Pharmaceuticals, in the next couple of years.
- Efficacy of intravaginal dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) on moderate to severe dyspareunia and vaginal dryness, symptoms of vulvovaginal atrophy, and of the genitourinary syndrome of menopause. Labrie F1, Archer DF, Koltun W, Vachon A, Young D, Frenette L, Portman D, Montesino M, Côté I, Parent J, Lavoie L, Beauregard A, Martel C, Vaillancourt M, Balser J, Moyneur É; members of the VVA Prasterone Research Group.
- Effect of intravaginal dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA) on the female sexual function in postmenopausal women: ERC-230 open-label study.
Bouchard C, Labrie F, Derogatis L, Girard G, Ayotte N, Gallagher J, Cusan L, Archer DF, Portman D, Lavoie L, Beauregard A, Côté I, Martel C, Vaillancourt M, Balser J, Moyneur E; other participating Members of the VVA Prasterone Group.
- Effect of Intravaginal Prasterone on Sexual Dysfunction in Postmenopausal Women with Vulvovaginal Atrophy.
Labrie F1, Derogatis L2, Archer DF3, Koltun W4, Vachon A5, Young D6, Frenette L7, Portman D8, Montesino M1, Côté I1, Parent J1, Lavoie L1, Beauregard A1, Martel C1, Vaillancourt M1, Balser J9, Moyneur É10; Members of the VVA Prasterone Research Group.
- Lack of effect of intravaginal dehydroepiandrosterone (DHEA, prasterone) on the endometrium in postmenopausal women.
Portman DJ, Labrie F, Archer DF, Bouchard C, Cusan L, Girard G, Ayotte N, Koltun W, Blouin F, Young D, Wade A, Martel C, Dubé R; other participating members of the VVA Prasterone Group.
- Intravaginal dehydroepiandrosterone (prasterone), a highly efficient treatment of dyspareunia.
Labrie F1, Archer DF, Bouchard C, Fortier M, Cusan L, Gomez JL, Girard G, Baron M, Ayotte N, Moreau M, Dubé R, Côté I, Labrie C, Lavoie L, Berger L, Gilbert L, Martel C, Balser J.
- Serum levels of sex steroids and metabolites following 12 weeks of intravaginal 0.50% DHEA administration.
Ke Y1, Labrie F2, Gonthier R1, Simard JN1, Bergeron D1, Martel C1, Vaillancourt M1, Montesino M1, Lavoie L1, Archer DF3, Balser J4, Moyneur E5; other participating Members of the Prasterone Clinical Research Group
- Is dehydroepiandrosterone a hormone? F Labrie, V Luu-The, A Bélanger, S-X Lin, J Simard, G Pelletier and C Labrie
Thanks Steve Goldring, RPh, The Hormone Pharmacist