IT’S BECOME A CLICHE’
Whenever I mention to anyone that I am working to “help menopausal women with their hormones,” everyone assumes that it’s all about HOT FLASHES.
The Menopause Cliche’
If you do a Google image search for the word “menopause,”
you’ll get the same image over . . .
. . . and over
. . . and over
. . . and over again.
A menopausal woman, probably late 50s or so, red in the face and fanning herself to get a little bit of relief.
I can only imagine how irritating this oversimplified, pop culture, conventional wisdom view of menopause is for YOU.
- 7% said they never had hot flashes . . .
- 30% said they’d experienced mild hot flashes . . .
- 40% said they had suffered moderate hot flashes . . .
- 21% said their hot flashes were severe.
- Asian women have hot flashes that are generally milder than women of other ethnicities. Asian women, on average, have about 3 or 4 years to wait before their menopausal hot flashes go away.
- Caucasian women have hot flashes that persist for 5 to 7 years. To put that in perspective, that’s the time your kids will go from junior high through high school, 7th grade to graduation.
- Hispanic women, suffer hot flashes for 7 to 9 years.
- African-American women endure hot flashes longer than any other ethnicity, around 10 YEARS – Some African-American women, especially if they went through menopause early, have hot flashes for up to 14 years!
In a future post I’ll let you know how the PEACEFUL HORMONE . . . PROGESTERONE can help with that anxiety and sleeplessness.