Sleep is important. It’s really important.
If you deprive someone of sleep for several days to a week, it’s considered torture.
Sleep deprivation can actually kill a human being.
Beyond the threat of dying directly from lack of sleep, not getting your shuteye is known to have serious, even life-threatening, indirect effects including: [1. “10 Things To Hate About Sleep Loss” webmd.com]
- BANG! – Accidents (especially while driving)
- Reduced attention and alertness
- Poor concentration/reasoning/problem solving
- Memory issues ( WHERE ARE MY KEYS?)
- Heart problems
- High blood pressure
- Weight gain and obesity
- Reduced testosterone in men (which may affect libido)